Benefits of a
Practice Makes Perfect
The benefits of starting a Practice Makes Perfect program are far-reaching. They are not limited to the students participating in our program. In fact, teachers, parents, schools, districts, and municipalities have a direct incentive to implement a summer program in their area. Practice Makes Perfect is uniquely positioned to address teenage unemployment, the achievement gap, the summer learning loss and the opportunity gap.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of starting a Practice Makes Perfect program as it pertains to you, please read more on one of our tabs or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a call.
At the moment, we do not have the structural capacity to service districts outside of New York City and we require a three-month notice for opportunities in New York City. Our dedicated staff and partners work together to take care of recruiting and administering the summer program so that it is a hassle less process on your end.
Good Reasons to Bring Practice Makes Perfect to your Neighborhood
Here is a list of reasons, in no particular order of importance, why you should bring Practice Makes Perfect to your neighborhood:
- Middle school students do not suffer from the summer learning loss and make gains during the summer.
- Students leave Practice Makes Perfect with more confidence in their academic abilities and an intrinsic appreciation for learning.
- High school students receive guidance on how to excel in school.
- When teenagers are engaged over the summer, boys are less likely to commit crimes and girls are less likely to get pregnant – reducing the overall costs to the city and providing a safer environment for our families.
- The gains made during the summer for all of our students levels the academic playing field and brings closer to narrowing the achievement gap.
- Our students are exposed to careers and opportunities that they never knew existed.
- The intergenerational approach we take to narrowing the achievement gap empowers students to solve this student problem. As a result, our participants reinforce their knowledge as they teach their peers.
- Research has shown that students who have mentors get higher grades and do better in school.
- High school students participating in our program gain critical work experience, which increases high school retention rates and graduation rates.
- Families that have high school students participating in our program are relieved of an immediate financial burden because students are provided with a stipend to help cover academic-related expenses at the end of the summer.
- For many of our students, Practice Makes Perfect is an incredible first summer job, occupying hem for the summer and setting them up with skills needed to succeed in future employment opportunities.
- College interns and high school students learn the importance of paying it forward, improving students’ feeling of self-worth and ability to make an impact on their world.
- College students interested in teaching or contemplating a teaching career within inner-city neighborhoods gain first-hand experience over a summer period.
- Participants build relationships with students their age, younger, and older creating friendships and building a sense of community that continues into the academic year.
- The structure of our program is unlike any other that currently exists at truly addressing the root causes of the achievement gap by providing students with role models that appreciate and understand the importance of an education.